Sunday, July 19, 2009

Whatever……

As we go through this journey we call life, we have to dig deep within ourselves to find the strength to go through the roughest times of our lives. As much as we would like our lives to be good all the time, reality and the WORD tells us that we should expect tough times (John 16:33).

I find encouragement in knowing that I belong to GOD (Psalm 24:1). Since I belong to GOD that means that NOTHING can happen to me good or bad without GOD’s permission! Really! If you don’t believe me, look at the book of Job. GOD had to give satan permission to do all that was done to Job (Job 1:6-12). That tells me that anything that goes on in my life has been permitted by GOD. If I know that GOD loves me, then I know that what I am experiencing is for a purpose (Romans 8:28). More than that, I know that GOD thinks enough of me to allow certain events to happen because HE knows that I am strong enough to deal with it.

Parents give their children more responsibility when they see that a child is able to handle it. When a child is granted another privilege they should feel special because they have gained something from their parents….Trust! It’s the same with GOD. When GOD allows us to go through tough times, we should see it as GOD saying, “you can handle this.” That’s a compliment! GOD would not send it if HE didn’t think we could handle it (1 Corinthians 10:13). GOD sees you as fit enough to handle your circumstance. Just don’t get beside yourself and forget that you need HIM to endure (2 Samuel 22:33 & 2 Corinthians 12:9).

So walk through that storm, knowing that the sun will shine on the other end! Knowing that GOD is with you (Mark 4:35-39). Walk through the valley, because you are not alone (Psalm 23). You got this! GOD’s got you! Go ahead, and knock it out!

Peace & Blessings!

1 comment:

Trina said...

I received the One Lovely Blog Award and now I am passing it on to you. Check out my other blog The Good, The Bad, and The Hongry for details.