Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Definition of Love (1 Corinthians 13)

1 Corinthians 13
Love


4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

This is what I use to measure any love from anyone. This rubric could be used to eliminate men that we are considering for romantic reasons as well as people who want to get close to us in general.

Love is !!!!
patient: can you be down when things are not the way you think they should be?
kind: are you hurting or helping?

Love is not!!!!
envious: not only do you want what I have, you don't even want me to have it! are we in competition?
boastful: are you trying to shine and make me look less than you?
proud: superiority?
rude: do you value my feelings?
self-seeking: in it for yourself and nobody else?
does not delight in evil: you want to see me fall?

WHAT LOVE DOES!!!
protects: I want you safe!
trusts: I believe in you!
hopes: I want the best for you!!
persevere: I am DOWN with you!!!!

How will you measure up????

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Truth! I know so many people who need to use this rubric. Maybe if they did, the word "love" wouldn't be tossed around so carelessly.