Thursday, January 17, 2008

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.

A series of emails from my sisters sparked my reflection of this topic. A conversation with a friend from work, helped me zone in on the reality.


I am the type of person that always seems to have something on my plate. My sister calls them “projects.” When I complete one, she is usually the first to ask, “So what’s your next project?” The other day after work I talked to a friend and she mentioned that I always have “something going on.” Today, as my sisters and I carried on our daily communications, we began to talk about having a vision and how important it is to write down the visions we have for our lives, our family and our future. That’s when I realized that I have always been in the habit of jotting down my personal “To Do List” of things I would like to focus on. If I feel like it’s something that I want to work on, I write it down.

Career…social…travel…personal…anything.


The more I thought about it, I began to see that by writing down my visions, I also entered into a contract with myself and with God.

Proverbs 23:7 states "for as he thinks within himself, so he is." Therefore, if you think or see yourself going back to school, then you will. If you see yourself being in a loving relationship, then you will be. If you see your self being a person who characterizes love, then be that person!

Habakkuk 2:2&3
"Write the vision and make it plain upon tablets, that he may run that reads it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak and not lie. Though it tarry, wait for it, because it will surely come; it will not tarry."

So write your vision and put it in detail. That way people who are made aware of your vision will have no room to doubt or "hate" on what you have written. The vision is for a specific time. You may map it out this week and it doesn't come to pass until next year. WRITE IT ANYWAY! Just because you don't know WHEN it's going to happen, doesn't mean that it's NOT going to happen!

A VISION DELAYED IS NOT A VISION DENIED!!!

Be Blessed!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woooo!!! That spoke to me for real! I'm a list-maker by nature but when I think about it, I only write down the things I know are currently within my reach--my grocery list, my errands list, cleaning tasks, etc. Hmm... Maybe I need to write down that I need to think more about this! LOL