Thursday, February 28, 2008

No Secret to Me!

Okay. I have had this thought....I talked to Ree a few weeks ago and she expressed the same thought....then Kim expressed the thought today when she commented on my blog.

I have not read, watched or listened to the Secret, but I have seen enough about it on Oprah that I really feel like I know what it's about. Here's my thought. If you are a child of God and truly believe what the Bible says about you and all that you are, THERE IS NO SECRET! I mean over the last 7 months (thanks for pointing that number out Ree) I have been diligently getting into the Word of God to know who I am in Christ. Why? Because I know deep down in the depths of my soul that the life I am living now is only because of God's grace and that this is just the tip of the iceberg! What I am saying for me, goes for every person reading this.


We are all on a quest (or at least we should be) to make meaning of our existence. Well guess what! That is exactly where God needs you to be. Searching! But how are you searching? I am not searching for a mystery! I want to search for the truth! The truth can't be a secret. The truth is the truth and there is nothing else to it!

Now I am not knocking anyone for getting into this Secret hype, but I want us to be very careful. Because my take on the situation is this.....The Secret is so popular now, because sooooo many people are apprehensive about acknowledging God in their life. Either they think they will lose fans (Ms. O), or they fear what they will look like to others if they get too "preachy." Everything that the Secret talks about, leads to God and His presence in your life. So why is He not mentioned?


Peace & Blessings!

No comments: