Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Who did Job look up to?

Today I was driving to work and I was thinking about "the struggle." You know, the daily grind, drama, stress, issues and everything else that comes with this life. Then I thought of how challenging it is to go through some things and still be able to bless and praise God. Then I thought of Job and how incredibly difficult it had to be for him to lose everything and still trust God. He lost his family, his wealth, his friends and everything that was dear to him. The story of Job is one of the most popular stories in the bible. We all know the defining statement made by Job, “though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.” The more I thought of Job and his difficult test, I began to think about something that may be rarely discussed.

If we use Job as our role model when we are going through life’s test, who did Job have to draw inspiration from?

No comments: