Thursday, April 21, 2011

Stained but Still Useable

For the last week or so I have been listening to the song named Even Me by Crystal Aikin (lyrics to be included at the end of the posting). If you haven’t heard the song and you are a true believer, you MUST find it and listen.

The song has ministered to my spirit in a manner that I can hardly put into words. But do we really realized how much God loves us? He sent His Son to die for our sins! Sins that we had not even committed yet at the time of Jesus' death. God knew we would need a redeemer. But God is so loving that when He looks at us as believers He doesn't see our sin. God is not like us, when someone wrongs us, we see what they did to us even when we say we forgive them. But God does not. Psalm 103:10 says "He does not punish us for all our sins;he does not deal harshly with us, as we deserve." Many of us deserve death and even hell for some of the dirt we have done. But God is faithful. "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Johns 1:9).

And even when we try to be "right" we still are wrong! Isaiah wrote in Isaiah 64:6 that "we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags." That means even when we are treating one another right, going to church, tithing, praying, fasting and reading our Bible that we are still as "filthy rags." But THANK GOD that He sees us as righteous (Romans 3:21-24).

Psalm 51:7 says "Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow."

AND He still wants to use you!!!!! Yes, even you! Even me!!!! There is something for each and every one of us to do in the Kingdom of God.

In Matthew 9:37 Jesus said to his disciples, “The harvest is great, but the workers are few."

What are you doing? Don't let your scars and brokeness keep you from being used by God! Don't let your guilty stains go unwashed by a Merciful and Loving God!


Even Me (Crystal Aikin)

I don’t deserve, the love You’ve shown
The blood You’ve shed, covers my wrong
Beyond my faults, Oh, Lord You see,
And said You’d still use, use even me


Oh, Lord I’ve tried, to do my best
Although sometimes, I do much less
You’ve called my name and, and I ran away
But still You called me another day


Yes, even me Lord, even me
Though scarred and broken, and unworthy
My guilty stains, You washed them clean
And said You’d still use, use even me


Sometimes I fall, and make mistakes
But brand new mercies, You show everyday
You are my strength, when I get weak
And out of the darkness, You lifted me

Yes, even me Lord, even me
Though scarred and broken, and unworthy
My guilty stains, You washed them clean
And said You’d still use, use even me


Oh, even me, even me, Lord use even me
Though I’m scarred and broken, scarred and broken, and unworthy
My guilty stains, You washed them clean
But You coulda used anybody else, anybody else, but Lord, You still used me

No comments: